users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3.0.1: Admin Console not starting after new installation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 01:22:34 PDT

Hi anissa,

i think the problem is solved now (for me). I had an incorrect proxy-configuration which caused the loop. But it seems to be a bug in glassfish too, but i have configured to not install updatetool and not make automatic updates and then there should not occur any communication to outside the firewall in this constellation, just my opinion.

Very much thanks for the support
Ernst

> I looked at the attached server.log, and i don't see
> any obvious error.
> The only thing that is suspicious is the last line:
>
> [#|2010-06-30T11:27:55.825+0200|INFO|glassfish3.0.1|ja
> vax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.v3.servic
> es.impl|_ThreadID=27;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Cannot
> refresh Catalog : Connection timed out: connect|#]
>
> That seems to be related to the repositories.
> However, you mentioned that b20 works for you. I
> tried to compare
> .org.opensolaris,pkg/cfg_cache in the final release
> and b20, didn't
> find difference that will cause the issue.
>
> Here is two suggestion:
> 1. try running glassfishv3/bin/updatetool and set
> the update check
> frequency' preference to 'Never'. , restart server
> (This approach will ensure that GUI doesn't try
> to connect to the
> epo and check if update is available, etc)
>
> 2. Assuming you don't need the updatetool plugin in
> the GUI, remove or
> backup
> glassfishv3/glassfish/modules/console-updatecenter-pl
> gin.jar ;
> restart the server.
> (This approach will remove the updatetool
> functionality in GUI.
> he update tool tree node will be gone and you won't
> see whats
> installed, the version etc. but you can always run
> the standalone updatool)
>
> If it is indeed due to update center network issue,
> the above should
> avoid that and get you going with the GUI.
> Let us know.
>
> thanks
> Anissa.
[Message sent by forum member 'osirisleonding']