users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] jsf login page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:36:02 PDT

Hi Theodor

> Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm wondering whether this is because of
> glassfish (what causes me headaches), since it's an open-source reference
> implementation. I don't know whether GF has the same maturity for production
> use like other open source projects. Once there's a commercial alternative
> that supports JEE 6 (e.g. IBM WebSphere), I'll have a look at it, as well.

This is a good questions, especially with Oracle taking over Sun.
Oracle GlassFish is a full production server. You can choose, $1000 per CPU per year
It's the same software, so you should really have an enterprise experience.

I am now one of the FishCAT test leads for Oracle GlassFish.
It's a community driven program.
Have a look. http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FishCAT

If you find issues please email the quality mailing list :
quality_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
The people there are friendly :)

We are looking for new FishCAT members, so please join

> :) I ordered the book and will start reading it. Thanks!

My pleasure, it's really a wonderful read :)

regards
Richard
[Message sent by forum member 'rjdkolb']