users@glassfish.java.net

RE: COMM_FAILURE, TCP Timeout / javax.ejb.EJBexception

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:27:15 -0400

the message from the log states the provided timeout was exceeded

i would look into the operational characteristics of the receiving node to determine if CORBA-server is in a down or not-operational state

so if your domain.xml looks like:
      <iiop-service client-authentication-required="false">
        <orb max-connections="1024" message-fragment-size="1024" use-thread-pool-ids="thread-pool-1"/>
        <iiop-listener address="127.0.0.1" enabled="true" id="orb-listener-1" port="4700" security-enabled="false"/>
      </iiop-service>

to determine if the CORBA server is working i can telnet localhost 4700

*gruss*
Martin