users@glassfish.java.net

COMM_FAILURE, TCP Timeout / javax.ejb.EJBexception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 04:07:37 PDT

Hello,

I am receiving corresponding client and server side side javax.ejb.EJBExceptions when invoking remote ejb methods (at certain times). This doesn't happen all of the time. It appears these exceptions happen largely between a 4 hour time frame, and my guess would be that there is something happening on the server that is contributing to this ---

I'd like to know if it is possible to configure something to make these exceptions stop, since it is a TCP timeout - is there some setting in Glassifsh or some JVM setting I can change?

Basically, on the client, I receive a message similar to this:

[code]
javax.ejb.EJBException: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA COMM_FAILURE 1398079725 No; nested exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 237 completed No
at
.... (remote ejb interface, where I invoke the method)
[/code]

On the server, I receive a corresponding message:
[code]
javax.enterprise.resource.corba.ee.S1AS-ORB.rpc.transport| | "IOP00410225: (COMM_FAILURE) Write of message exceeded TCP Timeout : max wait time = 6,000 ms, total time spent blocked, waiting to write = 7,280 ms. "
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcide: SUN minor code: 225 completed: No
 at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.transportWriteTimeoutExceeded (ORBUtilSystemException.java:4095)
 at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.transportWriteTimeoutExceeded (ORBUtilSystemException.java:4119)
 at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.write(SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:748)
 at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.encoding.CDROutputObject.writeTo(CDROutputObject.java:221)
at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.sendWithoutLock(SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:1113)
[/code]

Thanks For any tips,
[Message sent by forum member 'hoffman462']