users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustering support in GFv3?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <shreedhar.ganapathy_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:36:38 -0700

On 5/25/10 8:08 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Ah, it looks like this is being added in 3.1 according to this:
>
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=3.1BasicClustering
>
> and this:
>
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFish3.1
>
> So does that mean that if I need clustering now, I must use v2?
If going into production in the immediate future, v2.1.1 is the best
option for now.

> Or can I create a v3 configuration today without clustering and upgrade to v3.1 when it is released and convert to a clustered configuration at that point?

You could do that as well since upgrade is supported. That depends on
when you are planning to be in production.

> It looks like release is currently scheduled for 12/14/10, so if my project goes into production before that time, I may well be forced to stick with v2.1.

Yup, that's right, Bill. 2.1.1 is a fairly robust release and should
provide you with fairly stable and scalable base on which to deploy on
aftr which you can upgrade to 3.1