users@glassfish.java.net

error in Connection pool to Oracle 11 after timeout

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:39:02 PDT

Hi All,
After using an oracle connection pool (using ojdbc4.jar) we encounter problem after connection timeouts. The error is:

[b]javax.resource.ResourceException: This Managed Connection is not valid as the phyiscal
 connection is not usable[/b]

We tried all kind of property changes but nothing appears to solve it.
Our server is Application server 8.2 (JES5 stack) on Solaris 10 sparc. Oracle 11r2

In the past, with Oracle 10 we did not have this issue.

Is there someting we need to configure at the DB side to make things work?

Thanks in advance, Robert
[Message sent by forum member 'robertatjavix']