users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Auto restart by DAS/node agent?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:23:41 PDT

> So if it notices a cluster instance is "unhealthy" it
> restarts the instance.
>
> I'm just trying to better understand HOW the DAS
> determines that an instance
> is unhealthy and whether we can be better alerted

Instances are started by the Node Agent as child processes of the Node Agent's process. That's how the Node Agent gets notified when the child process (your instance) dies.

What kind of alert are you looking for?
You could of course write your own (like writing a lifecyclemodule that sends you an e-mail, or from a Servlet.init method with load-on-startup set to true, etc) or if you're on Solaris, I think there's an option to log messages to the system log (but that's another log file to grep).

HTH,
Dies
[Message sent by forum member 'dkoper']