users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Auto restart by DAS/node agent?

From: Comerford, Sean <Sean.Comerford_at_espn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:01:39 -0400

Just to clarify:

Yes, I am aware that by default the "Dynamic Reconfiguration" cluster system
property will cause instances to restart when any sort of config or app
change is made.

But that's not what I'm seeing. Basically the DAS (via the nodeagent I'm
sure) performs some sort of health checks on cluster instances.

So if it notices a cluster instance is "unhealthy" it restarts the instance.

I'm just trying to better understand HOW the DAS determines that an instance
is unhealthy and whether we can be better alerted somehow when a restart has
occurred (short of grepping log files).

Thanks,
Sean