users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v3 (build 74.2) problem with grails and rails projects

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 07:07:03 PDT

I have two applications that ran well on glassfishV3 prelude.
Application 1 was a self-made grails application that at some point uses a webservice to get values from. This webservice never gave me a problem.

Application 2 is redmine (www.redmine.org) a ruby-on-rails application that was connected to MySQL over a JNDI databaseconnection of glassfish prelude.

Since the final version of glassfish was there i wanted to updated everything to this "stable" version.

But it gives me a lot of headaches.

Application 1 can't communicate with the WSDL service anymore and complains about "Unable to create JAXBContext for generated packages: "xxx.xxx.xxxx" doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index"

Application 2 can't create a new user since the MySQL driver for some reason treats the boolean field completely different under glassfish.

I tested all on different hardware and different MySQL versions with Glassfish V3 and it never works.

When i use other webservers, or glassfish V2 or the old Glassfish prelude it works flawless.
[Message sent by forum member 'madmax007']