users@glassfish.java.net

Re: any open source code for a minamal servlet available ?

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 13:09:55 -0700

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM, emiddio-verizon <emiddio_at_verizon.net> wrote:

> i am looking for a "smallest" self contained servlet - all the stuff a
> servlet "needs" to run - and its supporting classes.

A "servlet" needs a servlet container, per the Servlet Spec.

> but i do not want to use an App Server of any kind -- i want it to be part
> of my program.

Then I would look at embedded Tomcat. It's not an app server, it's
just a servlet container, and there's very little there that's not required
to support the Servlet Spec.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com