users@glassfish.java.net

Re: any open source code for a minamal servlet available ?

From: emiddio-verizon <emiddio_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:50:19 -0700

i am not looking for servlet examples --- i am familiar with servlets.

i am looking for a "smallest" self contained servlet - all the stuff a
servlet "needs" to run - and its
supporting classes.

even jetty is much larger than i am thinking of , and so is tomcat-- i have
used, built jettty, and grizzly, tomcat,
glassfish, etc.

have also looked some at Jigsaw -- the w3c RI of http/html support.

they are much "more" than i am looking for.

this is partially an academic/curiosity project -- and partly -- i was
looking to obtain
"servlet" semantics in a small standalone program -- as opposed to just
using
java.net.HttpURLConnection, etc.

but i do not want to use an App Server of any kind -- i want it to be part
of my program.

thanks
gary