users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv3 client maven dependency?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 06:18:51 PDT

Hi.

I'm digging up this post because I'm trying to do quite the same work: build a standalone client using maven to reach an ejb deployed on a distant GlassFish.

The dependency I used so far is the following, from one of the GlassFish Maven repository:
<dependency>
        <groupId>org.glassfish.appclient</groupId>
        <artifactId>gf-client</artifactId>
        <version>3.0</version>
</dependency>

However, this dependency is linked (transitive dependencies) to so many libraries that it doesn't make sense (long download, unnecessary classes or frameworks, ...).

May any light library exists somewhere on a Maven repo?
[Message sent by forum member 'ruaudl']