users@glassfish.java.net

Re: FileNotFoundException for lib dependency...

From: Steven Siebert <smsiebe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:40:15 -0400

Tim,

You're exactly right!

I modified my manifest files of the libraries and *poof* no lib/lib
exceptions. All of this, it seems, was due to reliance/use of the
Netbeans/Ant default build operations. Seems like my "simple" solution (in
my environment) is to allow the developers to continue to use their
developer tooling as normal (Netbeans) and make a small modification in the
Hudson build process for that particular project. Any better
suggestions/alternatives to this that anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks to all for the help. I learned a lot about EE ClassLoaders in the
process...very good information to know. We're not fortunate enough to have
a "build developer", as previously suggested - I guess I'm also filling that
role since I'm the one that brought Java/Netbeans/SVN/Hudson to our team. I
really appreciate the feedback and help.

Steve