users@glassfish.java.net

Problem Deploying Glassfish Sample Application (Hello) from Admin Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 07:54:30 PDT

I have installed Glassfish v3 and started a server. I am folloying the Glassfish v3 QUick Start Guide, just trying to deploy the sample application (hello.war) from the Admin Console. When I click Launch, I get the following error:
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6345: There is an error in invoking javac. A full JDK (not just JRE) is required
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the GlassFish v3 logs.

GlassFish v3

However, I already have the full JDK installed. However, I am not sure how to tell Glassfish where to look.

Can anyone help direct me to this information?

Thanks, Alan
[Message sent by forum member 'jalanthomas']