users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot change master password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 06:46:17 PDT

I just tried it on my VirtualBox on Linux Ubuntu image of Windows Vista (Sorry :-)). I don't see this problem. Here is what I did:
- Downloaded the "Open Source GlassFish v3-final bits" from glassfish.dev.java.net
- C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\bin>.\asadmin change-master-password
Enter New_Master_Password password>
Enter New_Master_Password password again>
Command change-master-password executed successfully.

C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\bin>.\asadmin start-domain
Enter master password (3) attempt(s) remain)>
Waiting for DAS to start ...................................
Started domain: domain1
Domain location: C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\domains\domain1

As you can see, it prompted me for the master password on start-domain. It wouldn't do this had the master password been default.

So, I think it works at least on Windows Vista. I wonder if there are some differences between Windoze flavors that are causing this. Can you tell me more about this Windows XP installation of yours? (Sorry, don't have Windows XP/Virtual Image for it).

Best Regards,
Kedar
Log file: C:\glassfishv3\glassfish\domains\domain1\logs\server.log
Admin port for the domain: 4848
Command start-domain executed successfully.
[Message sent by forum member 'km']