users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 on Windows not compiling JSP/JSF for admingui

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:30:50 PDT

I am having the exact same issue as reported by others in this thread. First time installation of v3 on a particular machine, and browser displays "HTTP Status 404 - /common/index.jsf not found" when connecting to admin port. I've been developing on v2.1 on this same machine without problems for over a year.

What I've tried:

1. Sun Glassfish Enterprise Server v3.
2. open-source bits for v3
3. Nightly build for v3.1
4. Making server.policy wide-open per the previous poster's suggestion (shouldn't matter since security manager is OFF according to log file).
5. Created a new domain using alternate portbase. Same result.
6. Firewall is turned off.
7. Virus scanning is turned off.
8. Started domain with "--verbose=true". No additional info provided.

As the first poster stated, there are no errors in the server log file and it stops at the line:

INFO: The Admin Console application is loaded.

These same bits work fine on another machine that's not my primary dev box, but really need them to work on my primary. Using JDK 1.6.0_18 (the latest).

Thanks,
Joe
[Message sent by forum member 'gjbradley']