users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ACC003: Couldn't establish a JMS Connection Factory

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 05:17:42 PDT

Hi Nigel,

I managed to partly resolved this issue by creating the CustomerProducer Application Client within an EAR project with little or no use of EJB subproject. A natural question that follows would be to ask whether this requirement (access connection factory from an application client only project) is part of the Java EE 5 design, or am I still missing something?

Both <INSTALL>/javaeetutorial5/examples/jms/simple/producer & <INSTALL>/javaeetutorial5/examples/jms/simple/synchconsumer certainly work on its own but I am not sure whether it was created as an application client especially in Netbeans 6.7 which is what I have used to create all projects?

Lastly, can I confirm that a standalone client would have been able to achieve the same objective (sending object as JMS message to a remote glassfish server) but without transaction guarantee (re-transmission until a proper acknowledgement of message being receipted before deleting the source message)?

Thanks,

Jack
[Message sent by forum member 'htran_888' (htran_888_at_yahoo.com.au)]