users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with JDBC Connection Pool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:39:29 PST

I'm in the process of creating a new server running Glassfish 3 to replace our existing Glassfish 2.1 server.

Our apps utilize three JDBC resources and Connection Pools. Two connect to database on a locally installed MySQL server, the third to a MySQL database on another server. This works great under Glassfish 2.1.

Within Glassfish 3 I've created the JDBC resources and connection pools for the two locally hosted MySQL databases without a problem. The pool which connects to a remote server is a problem. Whenever I attempt to ping this connection pool I receive the following error:

Ping failed Exception - Connection could not be allocated because: Access denied for user 'portal'@'newserver.luzerne.edu' (using password: YES) Please check the server.log for more details.

The connection pool is connecting to the wrong server. 'newserver.luzerne.edu' is the newly created server. The access denied message is valid as the user 'portal' isn't present on the local MySQL server.

Under Glassfish 2.1 I included the properties databaseName, serverName, password, and user in my connection pool. Under Glassfish 3 I'm using the same four and have also added variations during troubleshooting, to be specific DatabaseName, databasename, servername, ServerName, password, Password, and User. I also have url, Url, and URL defined.

Each time I ping I continue to receive the same error. Is there an additional property I need to specify to convince Glassfish 3 to login to the non-local server? :)

Thanks,
Bob
[Message sent by forum member 'bdushok' (bdushok_at_gmail.com)]