users@glassfish.java.net

RE: EJB3 and CORBA client

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:10:49 -0500

that will certainly clears the 'Java vs C++ language hurdle'

Take a look at the difference between transport mechanisms of RemoteMethodInvocation and CORBA
the difference between the 2 transport mechanisms:

RMI good: RMI will allow passing of entire class structure
RMI bad: RMI only works with Java classes

CORBA bad: allows passing of primitive data structures (as defined by IDL) but NOT the classes which contain them
CORBA good: CORBA allows modules written in differing languages such as C++ or java to send/receive IDL primitive datatypes

http://www.javacoffeebreak.com/articles/rmi_corba/index.html

HTH
Martin Gainty