users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Migrate a two-tier application towards glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:51:01 PST

what do you mean by "changes in the old world" ?

All database access is managed using stored procedures. Business logic is build upon this. For example storing complex structures need a sequence of calls. All of this can be encapsupated and modularized well in the service layer.

My question targets more the next step:
I think of an abstract application client (either web or swing) that queries the application server metadata, finds all (allowed) accessible components and tailors them into a visible application. The goal is to develop forms, dialogs etc. only once (in an abstract way) and use in my swing-gui as well in my web gui. So using this client (either web or swing) will automatically react on deploying new modules or work against a different application server (e.g. testsystem, productive system).
Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'inquadrat' (info_at_inquadrat.de)]