users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exploded WAR deployment (Fish vs. Cat!)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:56:44 PDT

I see. Thanks for clarifying. That's even better news!

But honestly, I wouldn't have gotten this information from reading the manpage though. "Otherwise, this is the absolute path to the file on the server machine." doesn't really tell me this can be an archive or a directory.

The --type option documentation is a bit clearer as it states that "The --type option is optional. If the component is packaged as a regular archive, omit this option." and you apparently only have to specify it in case of osgi.
[Message sent by forum member 'danny_doe']