users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exploded WAR deployment (Fish vs. Cat!)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:41:04 PDT

it looks like there is a doc bug.

You can read through the 'man page' for the deploy command here....

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7701/deploy-1?l=en&a=view

Your exploded war can be in a directory with ANY name.

There is a --type option to clarify what kind of module is being deployed... that I have never had to use when I have directory deployed a web app.

You will need to use the --name option to make the name of your modules, since they all would end up getting called webapp (the name of the "archive's" root directory)

vbk
[Message sent by forum member 'vbkraemer']