users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appclient doesn't work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:41:10 PDT

What exact build of GlassFish are you using?

Also, what exact version of Java do you have?

I see the warning during the build when I use GlassFish 3.0. I see no warning when deploying to GlassFish 3.0.1 (the March 24 build) or to a very recent build of GlassFish 3.1.

You see the NullPointerException because you are probably using Java SE 1.6.0_18 or later and an older build of GlassFish 3.0 or 3.0.1. There was a change in Java SE 1.6.0_18 and we made changes in GlassFish to adjust for that. The GlassFish change should be in the most recent builds of 3.0.1 and 3.1 but is not in the released version of GlassFish 3.0.

So please try a recent 3.0.1 or 3.1 build and see if that works better.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn']