users@glassfish.java.net

admin console not working via localhost

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:33:32 PDT

Hi all

I'm having trouble accessing the admin console via http://localhost:<port>

This was working and all of a sudden now it isn't....I've been through al lthe changes I've made sincce the original install of glassfish 3 but I cannot see that the minimal changes made have affected anything

the weird thing is if I connect via http://<servername>:<port> it works absolutely fine. So this issue isn;t a big deal I suppose, but I would like to understadn what is going on.

When I try via localhost there is no response at all to the browser, it just sits there with status bar slowly going up

once or twice (i.e. this rarely happens) I have managed to connect by going to http://localhost:<port>/login.jsf but after entering the admin user and password on the next page which is http://localhost:<port>/j_security_check I get a "Connect refused. Max number of connectiosn reached" error

my hosts file includes an entry for localhost as 127.0.0.1

could there being anything else in glassfish that effects this that I don't know about?

alternatively, is there anything at the network level that our network engineers and admins could have altered that would stop this from working?

thanks all
[Message sent by forum member 'sharpy70']