users@glassfish.java.net

ClassNotFoundException: javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapter

From: Robert Weeks <RWeeks_at_ext-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:08:18 -0700

Hello -

I am seeing some confusing behavior here wrt to a missing class:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapter

When trying to setup resource adapters for JMS brokers.

I assumed this would be a part of the javaee.jar file - ($GF_HOME/lib/javaee.jar) - which in itself does not contain any of the classes.

So I started looking into the modules and found 'javax.resource.jar' - which when looking at the osgi console was set to 'Resolved'. So I started it to see if it would help - which it seems it did - but still having problems setting up a reliable jms broker for this domain.

Is anyone else seeing this issue when trying to set these up (not using the default domain 'domain1' by the way - using a newly created domain).

Thanks for any insight.

--
Robert B. Weeks
rweeks_at_ext-inc.com