users@glassfish.java.net

JAAS / OpenSSO / ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:10:55 PDT

Hey there,
I'm kind of new to Java EE and Glassfish. Now I want to write
a web service for authentication and authorisation so that i can use it for different applications across containers.

I read about JAAS and realms in Glassfish and tried a simple setup
for authentication/authorisation within Glassfish without problems. Now i would like
to have a web service that allows me to do something similar across more than
this one instance of Glassfish, but across other containers / Java EE application servers.

I dont know if a custom realm can still be a solution for this?
I stumbled across OpenSSO/OpenAM. Would that be the better choice for the task or
something completely different that I havent found yet? Can someone advise me to find the right direction?
Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'takki']