users@glassfish.java.net

Re: jruby app in same VM?

From: Robert Weeks <RWeeks_at_ext-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:06:49 -0700

Hello -

Is there a way to get a separate jruby process to run in the same VM as the jruby container inside Glassfish? For example - if I need to start a jruby app after glassfish is up and running, I would like to attach it to the same VM that the current jruby apps inside of Glassfish are using.

I never heard back if anyone knew if this was possible or not?

For example - if we have to still utilize a poller (jruby -S script/jruby_poller) for JMS communications, I would rather it attach to the same jruby instance/vm that the main rails app is using under glassfish.

Please let me know if anyone has been able to get this to work or if I am overlooking something that is obvious to enable it.

Thanks a lot.

--
Robert B. Weeks
rweeks_at_ext-inc.com<mailto:rweeks_at_ext-inc.com>