users@glassfish.java.net

Standalone instance with multiple log4j setting

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 03:43:13 PDT

Hi there,

   Current setup,
     - App server - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01
     - deploy one ear and one war applications in the same stand alone instance

   I have setup in the way that each application has its own log4j.xml but assign to different output, for instance, A.log and B.log within the same directory. However, the logger only written to one of the log file instead of write to its destinated log file. I have done some research and found that most cases only one log4j apply to one application. I am wondering is there any settings to solve the problem that I faced.

   Mysterious thing is my problem works in Sun apps server - Sun ONE Application Server 7.0.0_08 but not in version 9.

   Appreciate anyone help me to solve the problem as soon as possible. Please let me know if you need further information.

   Thank you.

Regards
[Message sent by forum member 'spinergywmy']