users@glassfish.java.net

Subject: where place web.xml | The requested resource () is not available

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:51:27 PST

hello.

my situation -

i trying work with sample i found on internet
Sample shipped with .jsp, .java and web.xml
I know where place .jsp files, compiled .java classes, but [b]I'm not familiar with web.xml thing and don't know where i should place this file.[/b]

my .jsp files are under this path:
...\glassfish\domains\domain1\docroot\test\

my compiled java classes are under this path:
...\glassfish\domains\domain1\lib\ext\

[b]when .jsp trying call java class I get error:[/b]

"
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
message
descriptionThe requested resource () is not available.
Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1
"

Documentation, shipped with sample, says this -
"
 4. The web.xml content
That allows the JSP page to call the Java class.
"

[b]so, I suspect I should put web.xml in right place at first, and let's resume the question -

Where I should place web.xml?
Should I also modify any other glassfish configuration files, if so, how?[/b]

hope you will help me, guys. I suspect my question is simple enouth ;)

p.s.:
btw, sample I talked about, is here:
"A JSP page to upload local documents onto a database table"
http://sheikyerbouti.developpez.com/uploadfiles/uploadfiles.htm
[Message sent by forum member 'lew' (a.kairys_at_gmail.com)]