users@glassfish.java.net

Manually customizing files in deployed war

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:49:59 -0500

This is hopefully a simple question.

I am transitioning my webapp from Tomcat to Glassfish V3.

In Tomcat if I wish to customize any files in the webapps war
I can manually edit it in the directory tree that represent the
expansion of the webapp war.

I am not sure how I can do the same in Glassfish V3 as I am not as
familiar with what happens under the hood
when I use the Admin GUI or "admin deploy" to deploy a webapp.

Is it safe to manually update files after deployment under the
components directory in the glassfish directory tree:

~/glassfish-v3-prelude/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/<component
name>

is there a better way?

--
Regards,