users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appclient doesn't work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:59:52 PST

Strange.

The NullPointerException comes from logic that is setting the logging level for all loggers known to the Java LogManager. The logic gets the enumeration of logger names from LogManager and then retrieves each, one by one, using the name. Somehow the LogManager has reported a logger name which corresponds to a null logger.

I don't think we've seen anything like this before. Is there a possibility that your logging.properties file for your Java installation contains something that might cause this?

I've made some changes to this logic so it will report all logger names for which the LogManager returns null. The changes should be available in tonight's nightly build. Even if you don't want to use the nightly build routinely using the nightly build once would let you find out which logger names have null loggers associated with them.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]