users@glassfish.java.net

Setup Glassfish v3 with MS SQLServer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 04:22:24 PST

Yesterday upgraded netbeans 6.5 to 6.8 which comes with Glassfish v3 (I was used to Glassfish v2).

Following instructions from http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4495/beana?a=view I try to setup a MS SQLServer connection.

I have trouble finding the jar files: smbase.jar, smsqlserver.jar and smutil.jar. I did find msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar and msutil.jar (and a message on the MS site that they are discontinued) and have those ms*.jar files in my domain1\lib folder.

When creating the connection_pool and pinging I keep getting:
[i]Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for : com.sun.sql.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource[/i]

My questions:
- Where can I find the smbase.jar, smsqlserver.jar and smutil.jar?
- Is the domain1\lib folder the right place to put them?
- Should I use another way to setup a connection to MS SQLServer?

Any help appreciated!

I use:
- GlassFish v3 (build 74.2)
- NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
- Java: 1.6.0_10; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 11.0-b15
- Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; nl_NL (nb)
[Message sent by forum member 'bike' (b.menting_at_amnesty.nl)]