users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-RS error code 500 = GlassFish HTML error page

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:38:27 -0800

On 01/12/10 08:47 AM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2010, at 5:30 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
>
>> Well, GlassFish has sure made it difficult for me until I figured out
>> a work around. I am using GlassFish 2.1 which was not designed with
>> JAX-RS in mind. Maybe GlassFish V3 is aware of this issue and does
>> not interfere with JAX-RS error responses.
>>

> Unfortunately not. Basically a JAX-RS application is deployed as a
> servlet so the behavior is the same as any deployed servlet.
>
> I recommend logging a bug against GF stating that default error pages
> should be disabled (or as a compromise a feature is supported to
> disable default error pages).

You can disable the default error page by adding this property to the
virtual-server of your choice:

  <property name="errorReportValve" value=""/>

This property is already supported in v2.1.1 (and I believe v2.1 as well).

This setting would disable the default error page for all applications
deployed
on the particular virtual-server.

Would this satisfy Ryan's requirement?

Jan