users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-RS error code 500 = GlassFish HTML error page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 06:32:45 PST

Have a look at the W3C specification for HTTP response codes:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.5.1

The introduction to the 4xx and 5xx statuses says:

> Except when responding to a HEAD request, the server SHOULD include an entity containing an
> explanation of the error situation, and whether it is a temporary or permanent condition. These status
> codes are applicable to any request method. User agents SHOULD display any included entity to
> the user.

So it looks like GlassFish is making my response conform to the W3C standard if I don't provide a response entity. It generates something readable for the client to display.

Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante' (ryan_at_ijws.com)]