users@glassfish.java.net

JDBC ConnectionPool - Port usage?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 06:24:41 PST

Hello Forum;

Using GlassFish v2.1 Final, cluster setup.

When creating a JDBC connection pool, what port range will the connections use (on the local host)?. How can the port range be managed?

Sometimes, instances fail to start. Ports required are in use by DB Connections. So we need to find which jdbc connection pool uses the given port, stop the instance that uses the given Connection Pool, and the we can start the instance which failed to start... And hopefully we start the instance which used the jdbc connection pool which caused the problem.. what chain :)

thank you for any hints....
Ivo
[Message sent by forum member 'jdrive' (ivo.hechmann_at_gmx.ch)]