users@glassfish.java.net

glass fish hanging or unresponsive

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:39:55 PST

We recently created a 2 node cluster with Glassfish 2.1. We are running SJSWS as the web server. We have noticed that a couple times a day the node agents become unresponsive (not usually at the same time) The node agents appear healthy so the web server continues to send requests to it, but it just hangs while trying process the request. Only restarting the node agent brings it up. We weren't sure if this was a cluster issue, so on a separate box, but identical hardware, we set up a stand alone app server. We are experiencing the same issue where the server appears to be up and healthy, no errors in the logs, but it just stops processing requests. Anyone else run into this? Many thanks to any assistance.
[Message sent by forum member 'madmac' (jeff.mcguire_at_stanct.org)]