users@glassfish.java.net

Re: migrating a domain configuration from gfv2.x to gvf2.1.1 or gfv3

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:02:19 -0500

If you want to migrate it from v2.1.1 to v3, you can use the upgrade
tool for this. It's the 'asupgrade' script in the v3 bin directory. In
essence, this will make a copy of your original domainA and then
upgrade the copy so that it can be used with GFv3.

Make sure you check your server.log file after the upgrade to make
sure everything worked (I've seen a weird behavior recently that I'm
going to look at where the upgrade tool didn't report an error even
though something was logged as SEVERE in the server log).

Please see the upgrade part of the release notes for more information,
especially about EE5 to EE6 changes that may affect some applications
from running in v3.

Cheers,
Bobby