users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 not loading after updgrade from Prelude

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 07:24:03 PST

FWIW, I tried this again to make sure it worked for me. I unzipped a fresh copy of v3-prelude, started it, accessed the admin console, and then stopped the server. I then copied my domain1 over to my v3 installation as 'predomain' (this isn't necessary, but I didn't want to clobber the existing domain if something went wrong). I then started the v3 server and saw the following:

hostname% ../bin/asadmin start-domain predomain
Domain needs to be upgraded before it can be started.
Attempting upgrade now...
Upgrade was successful, starting domain...
Waiting for DAS to start .......
Started domain: domain1
Domain location: /Users/bobby/servers/glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/predomain
Log file: /Users/bobby/servers/glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/predomain/logs/server.log
Admin port for the domain: 4848
Command start-domain executed successfully.

Is this what you saw? After this I could access the admin console without any issues.
[Message sent by forum member 'bbissett' (robert.bissett_at_sun.com)]