users@glassfish.java.net

Re: The context root [...] in application [...] is already in use by another application on this instance [server]

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:24:30 -0500

Hi, Markus
Not sure why the cases would do the magic, but could you provide a
little bit more information on the machine set up? :-)
Is this a cluster set up or a single instance set up? You mentioned
there is a second server which is in the same LAN which works ok, what's
the relationship of that second server to this instance you were trying
to undeploy the application from?
What's the exact command you used to undeploy the application from the
instance? If the instance is part of the cluster set up, you can only
remove the application reference from that instance and not undeploy
(the undeploy command is to remove the application from the whole domain).

Thanks,

- Hong