users@glassfish.java.net

enabling the security manager on a ruby on rails application

From: Mathijs Kwik <bluescreen303_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:20:37 +0100

Hi all,

Has anyone succeeded in enabling the security manager and still being
able to run rails applications?
I'm running glassfish v3
I deployed a rails app using the directory deployer (asadmin deploy .)
Everything works fine without security manager, but after enabling it,
I get 500's

Judging by the rails error log, I suspect it to be unable to access
the session or some cookie.

I tried to find the audit log, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I have 3 questions:
- How can I enable logging of security violations and where do I find the logs?
- Is anyone aware of a good default jruby+rails permission set? or a
list of possible grant options? or documentation for the security
system?
- I will be running multiple apps (on multiple virtual hosts) and I
don't want them to access the filesystem directories belonging to
other apps. Do I need to run different domains for this? or is it
possible to do per-app security configuration and just use 1 domain?

thanks,
Mathijs