users@glassfish.java.net

GF and Eclipse Applet Deployment Issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:53:10 PST

I'm really tired of fighting this. It's probably very simple...

I have the eclipse+glassfish bundle setup and working. I have a servlet working and deployed. I have an applet that should communicate with that servlet, and if given a direct path

URL url = new URL(getCodeBase(), "http://localhost:8085/SemanticsEngineWeb/TestServlet");

to access the servlet, everything will work fine in the Applet Viewer.

The problem: I'm trying to get access to this applet from my browser via html or jsp, but for some reason I can't figure out where/what to put/do with the applet class to see it deployed. I'm sure this is something simple I'm just not used to doing to get an applet deployed. Directory structure or exporting to .war or something...I can't find any info to help me...so here's what i need.

A way to see the working applet (with relative path to servlet) in my browser...what am I doing wrong?
[Message sent by forum member 'jmb2371' (jbookout_at_gmail.com)]