users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 and JMS problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:51:41 PST

There is no firewall it has been disabled on both sides.
It has something to do with how the javaws decides which machine to connect too when looking up things in JNDI. By mistake I was running glass locally and on the remote server and it worked. But than I shut down the local one it is not working again. So even though the app was served remotely it is trying to connect to localhost when looking things up in JNDI. There must be a setting somewhere on the remote glassfish that needs to be changed from "localhost" to the ipaddess of the machine, so that applications launched from it know where to talk back too.

I have attached the client thread dump.
[Message sent by forum member 'glenmiller' (glenmiller_at_skyviewsoftware.com)]