users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 and JMS problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:21:04 PST

Hi.

Don't be concerned with the broken pipe exception which the server logs. I believe this is a side-effect of some optimization (or a minor bug?) which Java Web Start itself does as it requests a JAR download. I am not sure, but I think it requests the download and then decides to abort that download because it concludes it already has the up-to-date copy. Grizzly - which GlassFish uses to serve the JARs and JNLP for Java Web Start support - logs the broken pipe message.

I'm not sure why the look-up stalls from a remote system. One possibility could be that firewall settings are blocking the remote request. Your firewall log might be able to answer that.

You could use a network sniffer (WireShark is a free one) to confirm exactly how far the message is or is not going.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]