users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin Console issue on Fresh installation of GlassFish v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:40:19 PST

Hi all,

First of all thanks a lot for helping me out.

I finally was able to do that. And I’ll explain my steps in details.

1. The first thing I tried to do was disabling of UAC, start-up the server using standard user and check if console is alive. I got the same exception. I tried the same but using admin account – same stuff.

2. So I decided that probably the initial installation did not go well and tried to uninstall the server and install it again in other folder: C:\Sun\glassfishv3. The fact that [i]updatetool --notifier –shutdown[/i] showed no output and [i]uninstall.exe[/i] did not work (says running Java 2 and then disappears) was one more proof that there was something wrong with my installation. So using admin account I installed to C:\Sun\glassfishv3 and successfully run it.

3. But I decided to find the root cause so I removed it again and installed into my old path C:\#Development\GalssFish_v3. BTW, uninstall had few exceptions and lot of files were not removed, but I hope that it is fine. The exceptions look like:

[#|2010-01-22T13:32:56.004-08:00|INFO|Install Engine|org.openinstaller.provider.conf.InstallationConfigurator||Exception while unregistering notifier: Exception=EXECUTECMD_ERR
[
 at org.openinstaller.util.ExecuteCommand.execute(ExecuteCommand.java:467)
 at org.openinstaller.provider.conf.InstallationConfigurator.unconfigureUpdatetool(null:?)
 at org.openinstaller.provider.conf.InstallationConfigurator.unConfigure(null:?)
 at org.openinstaller.provider.conf.ConfigProvider.receiveRequest(ConfigProvider.java:573)
 at org.openinstaller.bus.ControlBus.publishRequest(ControlBus.java:341)
 at org.openinstaller.provider.task.UnconfigTask.perform(UnconfigTask.java:88)
 at org.openinstaller.provider.task.TaskDriver.executeTask(TaskDriver.java:378)
 at org.openinstaller.provider.task.TaskProvider.receiveRequest(TaskProvider.java:117)
 at org.openinstaller.bus.ControlBus$3.run(ControlBus.java:404)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
]

Caused By=java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Sun\glassfishv3\updatetool\bin\updatetool.exe": CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot find the path specified

The second installation did not work and again I was not able to run uninstall.exe.

4. To summarize: it looks that the root cause is the path C:\#Development\GalssFish_v3, most probably ‘#’ symbol. I did not play with UAC after I was able to install the server, but I think it’s better to leave it switched off as it was mentioned by Snjezana.

So far I have only one question left before I continue my dive into GF – [b]what do I do with my not uninstalled instances?[/b] Can I just remove the folder since domain is shut down there, or I need to clean it elsewhere?

Thanks a lot again!
Robinzon
[Message sent by forum member 'robinzon' (wicked.developer_at_gmail.com)]