users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Need pointers on how to debug configuration problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 16:44:35 PST

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to solve the problem that started this thread, but I would like to learn the answers to the other questions if anyone can point me to documentation that would explain it.

The solution for ICEFaces + Tomahawk is posted here for others to reference. When you add ICEFaces, you have to make the com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.PersistentFacesServlet the JSF servlet instead of javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet. Usually these are named "Persistent Faces Servlet" and "Faces Servlet" respectively. Correspondingly, the MyFacesExtensionsFilter filter has to be hooked into the active servelet, so it has to have a filter mapping such as:

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <servlet-name>Persistent Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
    </filter-mapping>

That lets everything work.
[Message sent by forum member 'alan94539' ]