users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3, EJB 3.1 and Standalone Client

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:49:35 +0100

2009/12/14 Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>:
> gf-client.jar (and its dependencies) is what you should use.

So, in order to prepare a standalone client I have to manually select
like 30 tiny JAR files, and then check every single one's MANIFEST to
see if it does not depend on another JAR (which can possibly depend on
yet another).... Wonderful.

> Having said this, the ACC remains the preferred (portable) approach.

Yes, ACC is all they write about in documentation, but it really sucks.

I think I will start looking for how to get rid of remote EJB
invocations exchanging them with either JAX-WS or JAX-RS (using JAXB
for object marshalling). The only thing I do not know how to do would
be the authorization/authentication stuff (@RolesAllowed on session
beans invoked using JAX-[RS or WS]).
With that approach I could set my client free from heavy-heavy
Glasfish libraries.