users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 admin console very slow

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:27:14 -0800

Hi Sam,

The console is using the Java API that updatetool provides and it should be using the system proxy settings.
I will also check to see that thats the case indeed.
If you have the console running, you can also go to the Configuration tab of the update center tree node, and set it up.
Or you can bring up  glassfishv3/bin/updateool  and set the proxy there.   Yes, you can still run updatetool even though you de-select that during installation.

thanks
Anissa

Sam Crawford wrote:
Correct, the server does not have direct connectivity to the
repository. It's in a corporate/firewalled network, and all
communications have to at least go via a proxy server. This is very
common in corporate networks.

I'd have thought this would be quite a big issue for corporates trying
to use the new software, no?

Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Sam