users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dev Guide JDBC Questions

From: <June.Parks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:48:20 -0800

Hi Shalini,

Great review. I have a couple of questions, see below.

On 11/27/09 03:02 AM, Shalini Muthukrishnan wrote:
> - Page 240, Making JDBC Driver Jars available : Please add
> glassfish_home/lib directory to the list.
How would this differ from adding the driver JARs to <domain-dir>/lib?
Why would a user want to put them in <install-dir>/lib instead?
> - Page 247, section Handling Invalid Connections : the examples for
> asadmin set on the property should be changed to :
> asadmin set
> server.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.JCPool1.property.Prefer-Validate-Over-Recreate="true"

Jagadish says the property name is all caps,
PREFER-VALIDATE-OVER-RECREATE. Please confirm the spelling.
Unfortunately, because this is a property and not an attribute, I can't
extract it from the configuration myself.

June