users@glassfish.java.net

Galssfish pacth re-installation

From: Huiping Zhang <huiping.zhang_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:08:39 -0500

Hi,
I'm trying to install glassfish v1 patch "140891-05". I just have a question about how to bypass uninstall step if I need to re-install.

After the patch is installed, even I removed the installed directory, if I redo installation, it always says the patch is already installed in this directory.

Of course it'll work if I do an uninstall before re-install. But we used to just remove everything and re-install with jar installer.

Is there a way to bypass this? Is there a secret file somewhere keeps this status? I didn't find anything in my home directory.

Thanks for any information.
Huiping