users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 preview deployment problem with Eclipse 3.4

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 07:41:09 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> This means Eclipse should generate the Class-Path entry in Manifest when packaging the application.
>
> So, is it a bug in Eclipse?

No,
It was a combination of a bug in our Eclipse plugin (now fixed with v
1.0.39 available in our Update Center) and in the GlassFish v3 server
(fixed in b71 nightly builds or promoted build available later this week).

So if you update these 2 pieces, you'll be OK.

Thanks all for the detailed info. Now EAR deployment in Eclipse supports
exploded archives all the way including for helper libraries that come
from other Eclipse Projects, and deploy on save is also working for
these libraries, without involving any jar file creation, hence speeding
up the deploy process a lot.

Ludo